View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 10:51 PM
quiltsfor

I was at a stopping point today (still waiting on a machine quilting ruler to finish up my borders) and I noticed that there was just so much stuff on the floor of my quilting room and dust on my open shelves. No wonder my allergies are acting up. My tea cup collection and open shelves needed major dusting. With the supplies/containers I have on the floor, it makes it hard to get up the dust bunnies and all the snips of fabric and threads with a vacuum. I decided that it was time to give my tea cup collection on good dusting and put them in a storage bins so I could use the shelves to get most of what is under my tables up off of the floor.

What a job, I have over 100 cups and saucers in my tea cup collection, plus a half of dozen or so of tea related nick knacks. I packed them away and hubby took the bins to the attic. Then, I spent the rest of the morning dusting and organizing my plastic containers on the shelves. I have small ones for different sizes of leftover precuts and quilting notions. I couldn't believe the amount of all of the piles of dust bunnies and clusters of bits and pieces of thread and dog ears, that had collected around everything on the floor. It was actually satisfying to watch them all disappear into the vacuum.

My tea cups had been pretty all set out, but I'm really liking it better with having most everything off of the floor, but a few oversized containers under one of my tables. Dear Hubby said he needed to make me some glass enclosed tea cup cabinets in my office, so that I could display them again. A nice woodworking project for him this winter!

Then, I spent the rest of the afternoon, organizing the fabric and instructions for my next quilt. A busy day, but it was nice to get so much done!

Last edited by quiltsfor; 11-13-2022 at 10:57 PM.