View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 10:24 AM
tropit

Default Homemade Dog Food For Cheap!

It's turkey season and my, little Honey Girl sure likes that! Turkeys are so cheap right now, only $7-10 a bird. A can of dog food is now over $3/can and my 3, big dogs go through 2 cans a day. On the other hand, a whole turkey will last them over 1 week. You do the math. That's a big savings!

Yes, I do have to cook it up for them and it is a lot more labor intensive than just opening a can of food. I cut it into sections and put part of it in the freezer for later in the week. Then, I de-bone and boil what's left up in water, which also makes a tasty broth to go over their kibbles. They all love it! On the occasional meal when I have run out and have to serve them canned food...OMG...you should see the dirty looks Honey Girl and Buster give me. (Lucy doesn't care...she's a chow hound.) Honey Girl has actually walked away from her canned dinner. I know...they're spoiled.

The DH went out and bought 2 more turkeys for them yesterday. Thank God I had room in the freezer. He never thinks about those logistical problems.