View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 10:36 AM
tropit

Default Homemade-ish Dinner Rolls

I love homemade dinner rolls, but frankly, when the rush is on to get everything out on the holiday table, the rolls sometimes don't make it to the finish line intact. Here is a great way to have semi-homemade dinner rolls that are easy to make. Buy pre-made pizza dough,white,or whole wheat,in the deli section of your supermarket. I keep mine in the freezer until I'm ready to use it. I take it out the night before the big meal and let it thaw out on the counter. The next morning it's bursting out of the bag and ready to mold into rolls. Spread a little flour on your surface, squeeze all of the dough out of it's bag onto the flour and divide into equally sized pieces. I can make 6 big rolls from one bag of dough. Shape each piece into balls and set them into a casserole dish that has been oiled and the bottom lined with parchment paper. If you like a shiny crust, brush with milk,or beaten egg thinned with a little water. If you want to add sesame or poppy seeds to the top, brush the top with a beaten egg, then sprinkle the seeds. Put them in the oven after the "roast beast" has been taken out and bake for 375 degrees F, for I dunno...about 10 to 15 minutes, or until they are puffed up and golden brown on top. I love this recipe because the clean up is minimal and the results are yummy!