View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 03:27 AM
Lneal

Originally Posted by Bobbinwinder
Originally Posted by Lneal
I will be doing a two year program with a degree in Business Administration. I didn't do well enough on the math for the placement test so I must take a pre algebra class. My orientation is in two weeks and I am a little nervous. It's interesting to know there are others my age who are going to college too
:D
Are you sure that there isn't another math course that you can take to fill the requirement for your degree plan goal? I'd for sure be trying to find a way around taking a pre algebra class. If there's an alternative to College Algebra available...study up to better your entrance exam score to avoid the pre Algebra prerequisite for a course you don't really want to take anyway...hope this is making some sense. Academia is a business...it's in their best interest to keep you a student for as long as possible...don't waste time taking classes you may not need for your purposes...please make this work for you.
You have a good point here. I have been taking adult ed classes to get me better prepared for this. My instructor told me to check and see if I could re take the placement math again so in order not to have to take the prealgebra. The business degree or course doesn't have much algebra, so I am finding this frustrating to have to learn. Thanks for your help and I plan on checking into this more.