Old 11-23-2022, 01:08 PM
ToBoldlyQuilt

It seems not, and I'd never heard of it. Does it use a scrim, do you know?

I'd rather stick to more ethical options if they're available, so I'll see how this recycled one works out. The half metre has arrived, but I'm at my partner's till Friday night, and the piecing stuff is all at my flat (I piece at mine and quilt at his), so I can't test it out yet. It's weird! There are little strands of what I think are recycled cotton fibres all over the place, which hopefully won't cause trouble. I can tell which side the scrim is on. It's definitely thicker than the summer weight Bosal Katahdin cotton batting in the quilt I've got around here to compare with. Seems pretty soft.

I'm also wondering about double batting with the recycled poly and the thinner cotton. I've done double batting a couple of times with two layers of poly for wheelchair quilts, but I used different utility stitches on those as they were so lofty at first. It doesn't seem the greatest idea for hand quilting, even for big stitch quilting.

I think I can put in a photo I uploaded on Facebook, but I'm still getting the hang of this forum again, so I'll put that in a separate comment to be safe.

Last edited by ToBoldlyQuilt; 11-23-2022 at 01:11 PM.