View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 02:31 PM
rryder

Thanks everyone- getting that table topper finished was a comedy of errors. First- as I finished quilting the next to last section of McTavishing my bobbin ran out. No problem. I had another already wound and went ahead and finished up. Then I turned it over and realized that the tension got wonky when my bobbin got low and there was some eye lashing on the back in the next to last section of McTavishing. I decided to go ahead and bind it anyway since it was only the one section and it's not like it's a show quilt. But then after I bound it, the obvious tension issue on the back started bugging me and I figured it would only take 1/2 hour or so to take out the wonky section and re-quilt it. I didn't even need to take the binding off to do it- easy peasy. So I reverse quilted that section of McTavishing and re-quilted it.

When I turned it over to admire the "now perfect" back of the re-quilted section I realized that the opposite corner had somehow gotten folded under and was thoroughly quilted to the newly re-quilted section. I once again reverse quilted that section- this time freeing up the opposite corner so the topper was once again square and flat, (rather than 5 sided and lumpy) and re-quilted it. So, my half an hour fix ended up taking about one and a half hours. No problem, I really wasn't planning on doing anything other than straightening up my studio anyway and I still had some time left to do so. It was at that point that I discovered I'd forgotten to add the border LOL!

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 11-23-2022 at 02:34 PM.