View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 04:10 PM
MaryKa

I always go to Hobby Lobby. I can see the actual items and most the time touch the items/fabric. They have a good variety of both wood and plastic hoops and I can better aford the prices. I personally hate amazon because they claim low prices but are way more expensive than walmart and both are the exact same item. Amazon even touts free shipping but they raise the price to cover the cost of the shipping. Every shipper does this same thing. They cannot afford to give every person free shipping as that alone would bankrupt their business. Shipping is included in the store prices as well but the price you pay is the price posted on the items. It is not as outrageous. The only other place I consider buying from is Walmart as I can go in to the store again and feel the items to make certain they are the same product. Most of my hoops are wood. I like to sew a thicker doubled fabric around the inner and outer rings so that the item does not continue to slip and slide even when tightened down completely. I sew this fabric to the inside of the inner ring and the outside of the outer ring so it will keepd your project smooth between the two rings. I have hoops from 2-inches all the way to 18-inches except for the 17-inch hoop. After the Christmas sales start I'm going to go to Walmart and check out their price on the 17-inchers. Then I'll go straight to Hobby Lobby to check the prices. I love both stores just for different items. Hope this helps, Jill

Last edited by MaryKa; 12-04-2022 at 04:12 PM.