Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Wooden embroidery hoop >

Wooden embroidery hoop

Wooden embroidery hoop

Old 12-03-2022, 02:02 PM

Default Wooden embroidery hoop

I hope this is the right place to post. I saw some other posts that concerned hand embroidery and thought this is a good group to ask. Has anyone purchased hoops from ACM Solutions? (Stay at Home Stitches used to distribute)? they were recommended on a video and I am looking for a good mid-range source for hoops. The ones from Access Commodities are lovely but to pricey to always use. Suggestions??? Thank you!
Old 12-04-2022, 06:33 AM

It has been a while since I have hand embroidered. I used to use wooden, metal and cork, and plastic hoops. I actually seemed to prefer the plastic hoops. I also sometimes would embroider without a hoop especially if I was doing cross stitch and working on something like aida or heather field. I do not know what is available now. Brings me back to those embroidery days. It really was fun and relaxing. Most of what I did was counted cross stitch.

oh, just remembered, I had a couple of those snap frames too. They were square or rectangular and you snapped a cover on the sides to hold the fabric, I liked those too for some things. I don't recall any of my hoops ever wearing out. I think I would just try a different one when I wanted on for a different size project and actually, for the most part they all just seemed to work fine.

Last edited by sewingpup; 12-04-2022 at 06:40 AM.
Old 12-04-2022, 11:02 AM
Power Poster

Try ebay or Amazon. They might have some for a better price.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:10 PM

I always go to Hobby Lobby. I can see the actual items and most the time touch the items/fabric. They have a good variety of both wood and plastic hoops and I can better aford the prices. I personally hate amazon because they claim low prices but are way more expensive than walmart and both are the exact same item. Amazon even touts free shipping but they raise the price to cover the cost of the shipping. Every shipper does this same thing. They cannot afford to give every person free shipping as that alone would bankrupt their business. Shipping is included in the store prices as well but the price you pay is the price posted on the items. It is not as outrageous. The only other place I consider buying from is Walmart as I can go in to the store again and feel the items to make certain they are the same product. Most of my hoops are wood. I like to sew a thicker doubled fabric around the inner and outer rings so that the item does not continue to slip and slide even when tightened down completely. I sew this fabric to the inside of the inner ring and the outside of the outer ring so it will keepd your project smooth between the two rings. I have hoops from 2-inches all the way to 18-inches except for the 17-inch hoop. After the Christmas sales start I'm going to go to Walmart and check out their price on the 17-inchers. Then I'll go straight to Hobby Lobby to check the prices. I love both stores just for different items. Hope this helps, Jill

Last edited by MaryKa; 12-04-2022 at 04:12 PM.