View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 06:08 AM
NZquilter

Hi everyone! No twins yet, and - despite being so uncomfortable and in pain - I am glad. I really don't want them to spend any NICU time! I'm almost 34 weeks, and both babies are measuring the size a of single baby at this time, so I feel bigger than full term. This pregnancy has been my hardest by far. I can't believe it won't be long before I'm a normal size again and will be able to walk probably without limping. My varicose veins have been really bad and I limp everywhere. (We had one scare where the pain was so bad, we thought it might be a blood clot and rushed to the hospital to get it looked at. Thank heavens it wasn't... Just bad varicose veins!) I'll be able to see my feet again soon, lol! Still no bed rest, either, which I am so glad for! I think the house would totally come apart if my doctor ordered bed rest. My DH has been needing to work out of State, 3 hours away, for the past four months and only coming home on the weekends. (This inflation and economy really hit his career hard. Topeka doesn't have any new job sites and there are 300 guys in Kansas City IBEW local in the books before DH, waiting for work to pick up.) So I've been keeping this ship afloat with four kids and pregnant with twins by myself. I pray I never have to do this again!!!! I've saved up enough money that DH will hopefully be able to take two weeks off when the babies arrive. Poor guy, he is starting to stress about missing their birth. I'm going to give him all the warning I can. Right now it looks like I'll need a C-section because Baby A is breached and I don't think there is room for her to flip anymore.

I'll let you all know when the twins arrive. I'm hoping they arrive no sooner than Christmas, maybe even into January.