Old 12-16-2022, 01:46 PM
1CharmShort

I don't have a favorite. I use magnetic ones a lot, but I've also got one of those wool balls....pins keep getting lost in there.
Most unusual ones I use a lot - one I keep next to my fave workhorse machine is a bit of packing styrofoam. Yeah I said it. It is about
3" x 3" x 6" and it holds my stiletto, about a dozen pins, a few safety pins, my ripper, a skewer loaded with bobbins -just to keep them handy for the current project, and a needle threader stuck down with a quilting pin.

I also use a scrubby sponge loaded with pins . That is pinned to my design board with a large quilting pin. (My design board is a 4x8 sheet of insulation board covered with felt, then batting.

I love making pin cushions too.

My favorite home made one is a sweet tea cup and saucer...the saucer looks like a lily pad, and the teacup looks like a little fish-his tail is the handle. I love finding unusual cups, jars and other vessels to turn into pin cushions. Recycling lids makes cute pin cushions for the finger or wrist or a broach sort of pin holder.

Last edited by 1CharmShort; 12-16-2022 at 01:49 PM.