View Single Post
Old 12-25-2022, 12:49 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

I remember enjoying all of the wonderful prints from a combination feed sack and calico ( ???) quilt my Memaw had on her bed. I was Very little, and I loved all of the colors put together in such a way that it made a secondary pattern. It all fascinated me to no end. It made me wonder how in the world she had made such a "blanket".

I made my first quilts for my boys twin beds in denim and boyish prints in a heavier fabric in 1980. They loved them and took them when they moved out. Then I made nothing else but garments and home decorating items until a revival of the interest came to me some twenty-some years ago. I bought a book called, "Log Cabin in a day". I also I checked out a video from the local library on making quilts by a lady named Shar (She used to have a show on quilt making) That is how I learned to make quilts. Many books later I make quilts and gift them. To family, friends, and charities. It has been so fun and rewarding to have such a skill that feels so homey and satisfying. Almost like a best friend.