Thread: I did it !!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 12:25 PM
Honey58

Default I did it !!!!!

It was meant to be gifted to my DD at Christmas 2021 but was not ready. Well it's been given at Christmas this year and it has made her very happy. This is my 1st one. It is made from yardage only. I enjoyed the piecing process but the sandwiching was a nightmare. Then I was so overwhelmed by the quilting involved, that I let it sit on the spare room floor for 2 months but still could not make myself hand quilt it.
Machine quilting was out of the question as I have a basic machine only. So I had to send it to a LQS.

All I have as Tools are One 12" x 12" OLFA cutting board, One 6.5" x18.5" Creative Grids Ruler and 2 Rotary cutters. Now that I have achieved this, I am all activated and eager to march on to the next one. So I want to invest in a bigger cutting mat and 2 or 3 Rulers.

I would appreciate suggestions about what Rulers would be most suitable to have.

And I really, really want to say a "THANK YOU" to all who post on the QB - I have learnt so much here about piecing, patterns, techniques, batting and so on. and I look forward to keep on learning.
Attached Thumbnails 20221227_205948.jpg