View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 02:21 AM
petthefabric

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
I did a huge clean out of my sewing room recently and passed on quite a few kits and finished tops that I no longer wanted to be bothered with. Sometimes, letting go gives freedom in the present.They served a purpose at the time. And, I learned from making many of them. I also found that the excess was holding me hostage and I couldn't be creative anymore. I have not quilted actively in a long time. And, I truly miss it.

I also did a lot of thinking about what direction my quilting will take. Making these kind of decisions helps to focus. I get distracted easily. And, I decided that quilting smaller is a better avenue for me and saving the one or two big projects as a yearly thing. (Although, for now, I am just making a list of bigger quilts I would like to make in the future.) Possibly giving longer thought to the project will give me clarity to make sure the want is not just a passing fancy. Clarity, not just a passing fancy…. I like that. And I can stay focused to the completion of the project.

Now, all that being shared.....I am overwhelmed with my list of UFO's. I am going to pick just one today. It is my oldest, started in 2011. For me, I can’t decide what to work on. How did you choose? It just needs borders added. But, I am going to piece them. Working out the math will take me forever. Math. When doing round robins, rather than ruminate about math, I added filler strips to make it the length I wanted. That's only one of the reasons it stalled. lol, It is always a possibility that I can streamline the border if it doesn't work out. I truly want to finish this one. I loved every minute of participating in the sew along.

I have been away from the board for several years and have very much missed you all. I've enjoyed looking back and seeing all your finishes and have applauded your dedication to each project at hand.
welcome back.