View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 10:29 AM
woodland creature

No fabric purchases so far. On the other hand, because of a foot injury, I still have a limited ability to sew, so nothing went out the door, either. I was able to start on a new project - all from stash, and am working on something that I started last year, but didn't finish - again all from stash, including some fabric that I didn't even know I had.

Because my sewing space is such a mess, I decided to do Karen Brown's Decluttering Challenge. I'm behind, so I just saw the video on cutting mats and rulers. My 6.5" X 24" ruler is chipped and many of the markings are wearing off and have been for some time, so this gave me the impetus to purchase a new one. I figure I don't really need any new fabric, but that doesn't mean that there aren't other things that I could buy - especially when it is something like this that I really need to replace.

I wonder if the last day of the decluttering challenge might bring the opportunity to go through the fabric stash. Not sure that I need to get rid of much of it, but it could do with some organizing that would make some of those older fabrics easier to find and use up.