View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 12:30 AM
Julienm1

Amazing! Cutting table is still cleared off from the diaster created making the skateboard quilt which I plan to start quilting today.

Got brave last week and decided to make a log cabin quilt Only 48 blocks of 8" logs plus the center square." Started with blue and white and quickly realized not enough blue so added green. Oh that's nice but dull. Now I have three stacks of fab...blue, green and white. Shopped my stash and added yellow and orange. THAT'S THE TICKET!!! Nice and cheery. And the top is done. Will glue baste that sucker today.

Had so much fun making that top, decided to make another one. (All of these quilts are for Project Linus and measure about 48*64) Besides I have the 3 piles of fab on the cutting table in nice neat piles. I'm doing assembline line sewing. Adding the same size log to each of the 48 blocks. Easy for me to balance the colors and control the chaos.

I feel pretty smug with the lack of chaos with these 2 log cabin quilts. Not sure if the next quilt will be easy to "control" but at least I know it can be done. lol (Sigh )