View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 07:46 AM
Gemm

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
A little bit of this and that sometimes doesn’t combine well to make a quilt. If all of this is combined with a little bit of this at some place else into a a bigger pile it can combine.
This makes so much sense to me and is basically how my stash has grown to the size it has. I have often seen a great piece of fabric at a thrift store and not needed/wanted it really but bought it anyway and added it to the stash, smacking my head and thinking, "Why did I do that? I don't really like it/have anything that goes with it!" However, fast forward a year or two and all of a sudden some of these random pieces are playing very nicely with others and are allowing me to create without shopping. I am hoping to have some pictures to share soon - blocks are being made but I'm trying to hold off on sharing until I have a layout confirmed at least. In terms of the currently untouched stash, there are definitely a couple of "duds" in there right now, but who knows? Maybe their playmates will be at the thrift store one day. :-)

Some lovely and exciting stories being told here - even the ones involving a fall! I agree with the wisdom of "filling" up an order to get free shipping and wouldn't classify that as a fall any more than buying fabric needed to finish a current project. An extra-special congratulations to those who have made it to (almost) the end of the month without a single acquisition!