View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 12:20 PM
Wildernessties

In the nice weather I try to walk a mile most days. Like most of you said, I'm fairly active most of the day but not as active as I used to be. I have a slipped disc in my back that is compressing some nerves so at times I do need to sit for a bit until the pain subsides which usually is just a few minutes. I think back issues may vary from one person to the next. For me, I've tried PT and it just didn't help at all. I've seen two different orthopedists and both said only fix for my back is surgery. I really don't want to deal with back surgery as I fear it won't go as planned so I've had the steroid injections twice and am due for number three next week. So far they have helped a lot.

I feel like each of us has different issues to deal with so not everyone can be as active as they might like. For some it may be personal commitments or obligations and for others, it may be health issues. Talking about it here on the forum can be very positive and hopefully motivate us to think about exercise more and move a little more. It's almost like walking with a friend. If you make a commitment to walk with a friend each day, you feel guilty making an excuse about why you can't go.