Old 03-17-2023, 04:47 PM
quiltsfor

I like mine ironed, I don't want to not iron it and get an odd missmatched-doesn't fold right, so it messes up the rest of the binding. Like if it isn't exactly falling right because of the grain in the fabic. Something you can easily ease out if you have ironed it in half.

I had recently bought one of those new fangled silicone things where you feed your binding through a belt-like loop on one side and then on the other and then lay your iron in the middle, pulling the binding through, under the iron, folding it as you guide it with your other hand. I used it a few times, but the last time I went to use it, it was covered with a white powdery - mildew or perhaps a mold. It wasn't because it was put away damp or wet. It was stored, sitting out in the open on top of a stand by my machine. I think there was something off about it, for it to get this stuff growing on it. I tossed it into the trash.

I didn't think it worked all that better than by doing it by hand anyhow. I could basically do it faster by hand than by that process, as you had to repeatedly pick up the iron anyway to get the iron to turn back on, from the auto off. As a note, I also have a silicone iron rest and I have never had powdery mildew or mold grow on it.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 03-17-2023 at 04:54 PM.