View Single Post
Old 04-21-2023, 07:38 AM
sewingpup

I assume you have a manual for your machine, if not you can download it from the Viking site. Your specific machine will be found in "other machines" on the list of machines under the support tab as it is an older machine. I may have used my templates once or twice, but I really can't remember. Most of the embroidery I have done is not on garments so I don't have to be that precise as I can just cut the excess background fabric off. If all your hoops are Viking hoops, you should have gotten templates with them. I think maybe as you are just getting into embroidery, you should not really have to be that concerned about precise positioning if you are not doing a garment or doing a continuous design where you are needing to rehoop? I had a Viking D1 when I did a lot a embroidery and I honestly don't remember using the templates except in my beginning class I took and when I took some continuous embroidery class and one where the design was too big to fit in the hoop and I had to exactly match up the join points.