View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 09:34 AM
SueZQ from MN

Default Would appreciate craft show advice

I apologize in advance for the length of this post. After 25 years, I retired from doing craft shows in 2016. Even tho I was still doing very well and selling a lot of merchandise, my back and feet said it was time to quit. I had a huge garage sale and sold off hundreds of dollars worth of craft and sewing supplies that I knew I'd never use. I kept a lot of beautiful fabric thinking that I'd like to try quilting. Hard as I have tried, I do not get the satisfaction from quilting that I had hoped, so I want to get back into crafting. (I like the cutting, sewing, and hand binding, but I hate making the sandwich and doing the actual quilting.) For those of you that do craft shows, I am curious what sells well for you. Over the years I did many unique and customized items as well as all the "popular" ones. I don't do any jewelry, painting, candles, floral centerpieces, fimo clay, ceramics or soap. I have done well with sewing decor and kitchen items, baby bibs, crochet dishcloths and scrubbies, paper crafts, stocking stuffers and gag gifts. I am always on the lookout for new and unique ideas, including those that are under $5, as those have been my best sellers. Maybe we can exchange ideas that will benefit us both. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.