View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 11:33 AM
rryder

I've had problems with the pre-wound magna-glide M bobbins. I've tried the magna-glide wound with glide thread and have constant tension issues with them on my Sweet Sixteen. I've tried removing the anti-backlash spring from the bobbin case and that didn't help. When doing my usual test for bobbin tension, they always lift the bobbin case off my hand, and no amount of adjustment to my bobbin case changes that. I even sacrificed a bobbin case by removing the screw from the tension spring (which means it's as loose as it can get) to see if that would solve the problem, but it didn't- every single one of the ones I have still lift the bobbin case off my hand. I don't know if the problem is with the magnets, or with how the thread is wound onto the bobbins. I can sometimes get a briefly satisfactory stitch by tightening the top thread way more than I would normally need to do and it doesn't last for more than a short while- like maybe 10 minutes of quilting. I've gone back to winding my own bobbins.

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 05-03-2023 at 11:42 AM.