Old 06-04-2023, 11:41 AM
EmiliasNana

Originally Posted by toogie View Post
This is encouraging news. I have 18 inches on my manuel longarm and usually stitch a stipple or meander free hand. I usually make bed size quilts but I am needing to make 3 baby quilts so this would be good practice for me. So did you trace a design off monitor or buy a design for your machine? Thanks
Quilting looks fantastic and quilt is pretty as well. Also did you use same color bobbin as top thread? I can never decide on thread color.
I purchased a panto online and then used my light box to trace onto the lightest side of the quilt (in this case it was the back) PRIOR to sandwiching!
I don't have a large embroidery machine to download a design, and my Tiara is a sit down quilting only machine. This time I used a light lavender in both the top and bottom, but I have used a different color. You just have to make sure your tension is good so the opposite color doesn't poke through. A baby quilt would be perfect to start with as you won't have to make so many passes with the design.
I've had a few quilts professionally quilted and they did a lovely job, however I am too prolific to afford to have them all done by a longarmer. I have good control and can follow a line well. I actually practiced on kid panel quilts as I could follow the lines, like a coloring book. Good luck and hope this helps.