View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 07:28 AM
AUQuilter

Default Artwork blocks into a quilt help

A friend asked me to take 12 Artwork Blocks (purchased from school fundraiser) and make into a large throw quilt. The 9.5 inch white artwork blocks had a tag that says 100% cotton. Inside the plastic sleeve each came in was a remnant of heat transfer paper with kid's info. I haven't ever worked with this type product and now I need help!

I drew up a design framing the white artwork block with quilt cotton and attached the top and bottom strips for all of the white artwork blocks. Then I took them to the ironing board to press before adding the quilt cottonside strips. I first pressed the wrong side of quilt cotton, turned back, finger pressed and lightly pressed the quilt cotton. Barely touched the white area surrounding the kid art area and a catch. I lifted the iron and the white artwork block area was sticky. Now I will a silicone pressing mat to finish the side strips to make a larger block and move forward. Please let me know if that is correct!

Now the big question. I am sending this to my LAQ (she knows but hasn't worked on product like this either) and wondering if any of you have thoughts on quilting it. Thinking meandering might be safest.

I did send for laundering instructions to the company that made them. Reply: Yes, but we recommend gentle wash in cold water. Do not use bleach. The quilt square is 100% cotton; may shrink slightly if tumble dried.