View Single Post
Old 08-21-2023, 07:18 PM
toogie

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Toogie, that's awesome! And it turned out so nice!
Did I read somewhere on this board that you've only been quilting a few years? If so I'm astonished! You do great work
and a LOT of it!
Before 2019 I had made 2 or 3 baby quilts and only about that many larger ones. The baby quilts were years ago. The larger quilts were before 2019 a big pinwheel, a blue Jean and our 50th anniversary quilt. Our 55th is coming up in October so that would have been 2018. In 2019 I was asked to join a local quilting group that made for Quilts of Valor and other organizations, after a niece showed one of the members our anniversary quilt picture. That’s when my love for quilting really took off. I’ve always liked math and all the shapes within a quilt pattern intrigued me. Before quilting, sewing baby clothes was my passion. I have been sewing clothing and crafts since an early age. I think I was about 11. We were 3 girls at home each two years apart. Mother gave us a bolt of fabric and a pattern for us each to make our own gown. She told us to follow the steps in the guide but if we didn’t understand something we could then go to her. My 15 year old sister and myself made ours. Mother made my 13 year old sister’s gown. We always said Sue would have slept naked if she would have had to sew a stitch. Not interested at all. The gowns were mid length, sleeveless, front and backs gathered to a high yoke.
Thank you for your encouragement and support. I hope my daughter loves piecing and eventually quilting as much as I do.