View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 01:52 AM
wendyp

Default Juki 2010Q Problems

I purchased a Juki 2010Q less than 3 months ago, mistakenly from an online store. When I began using the machine, I really enjoyed using on it, I love how the machine sews. It received a high recommendation from my repair technician as well.

The machine has been having an issue with the bobbin winder not engaging correctly, and just last night, the feed dogs will not move my quilt through to sew on the binding and has begun skipping stitches. I have tried using a walking foot, my needle will not pick up the bobbin thread. Talked to a technician, he advised a larger needle, possibly adjust the tension on the foot and do not use the walking foot. I followed his advice and the machine continues to have the problem.

When sewing on a scrap fabric (using batting), it will sew at a normal speed, but skips stitches. After speaking with a technician, I rethread the machine, checked the tension on the bobbin case, changed the needle to an Organ 18 and removed the walking foot - ready for a beautiful sewing experience. Is not happening. The feed dogs will not move my quilt through to sew and is skipping stitches.

I would like to return the machine, but their convenient 60 day warranty has expired. I think I have an expensive lemon.

Would appreciate any advice, thank you - Wendy