Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Juki 2010Q Problems >

Juki 2010Q Problems

Juki 2010Q Problems

Old 08-30-2023, 01:52 AM

Default Juki 2010Q Problems

I purchased a Juki 2010Q less than 3 months ago, mistakenly from an online store. When I began using the machine, I really enjoyed using on it, I love how the machine sews. It received a high recommendation from my repair technician as well.

The machine has been having an issue with the bobbin winder not engaging correctly, and just last night, the feed dogs will not move my quilt through to sew on the binding and has begun skipping stitches. I have tried using a walking foot, my needle will not pick up the bobbin thread. Talked to a technician, he advised a larger needle, possibly adjust the tension on the foot and do not use the walking foot. I followed his advice and the machine continues to have the problem.

When sewing on a scrap fabric (using batting), it will sew at a normal speed, but skips stitches. After speaking with a technician, I rethread the machine, checked the tension on the bobbin case, changed the needle to an Organ 18 and removed the walking foot - ready for a beautiful sewing experience. Is not happening. The feed dogs will not move my quilt through to sew and is skipping stitches.

I would like to return the machine, but their convenient 60 day warranty has expired. I think I have an expensive lemon.

Would appreciate any advice, thank you - Wendy
Old 08-30-2023, 02:11 AM

Can't help you but feel your pain. I spent a week struggling with a Juki 2010 before returning it. Could not get the walking foot to work either. I loved the way it sewed a straight stitch and also I loved doing free motion quilting with it. The technician couldn't get it to cooperate either, unfortunately. Good luck!
Old 08-30-2023, 03:31 AM

Have you called the store you bought it from? Also, JUKI HAS A 5 YEAR WARRANTY.
I have found most online stores will back their sales and provide trouble shooting over the phone, even if you are past the 60 days.
This was a new machine, not refurbished, right?
what type of thread, needle and fabric are you using?
when did you oil your machine last?
there is a Juki facebook group that maybe able to help as well.
best wishes.
Old 08-30-2023, 05:36 AM

Gosh...I'm sorry to hear that you 'are having troubles with your Juki. I'm having similar troubles with my Consew and was considering trading it in for a Juki. Now, I'm having second thoughts. I wish there was a "semi-idustrial" machine out there. My Consew needs tuning constantly and is a bear to use. It would be nice to find a super, heavy duty domestic sewing machine out there that does leather.
Old 08-30-2023, 05:58 AM
Power Poster

https://jukijunkies.com

these folks have a good reputation