View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 04:23 AM
patricej
Administrator

there are not other heat-setable products using inkjet technology on fabric that i know of. it's fairly new from CJJ, too. not even out there for a whole year (i think). i wish they'd sell the heat-setable stuff by the bottle, too, but they don't.

i don't doubt the fabric sheets are every bit as good as they say. but they are around $1.5 per sheet (counting shipping). yeeps!!!
treating with bottled BJS costs approximately 35 cents per sheet if you only get the 50 sheets per bottle CJJ estimates and pay roughly $5 per yard for your muslin.

if i depended on an HP to print my fabric, i'd buy 1 bottle and the smallest pack they sell of the pretreated stuff, then compare. that's the only way to tell whether the expense of pretreated is a value.

there are 2 things i'm not clear on about the pre-packaged stuff:
- is the heat-setable also washable? (i emailed, but got an answer that skipped that question.)
- is the prepackaged/pretreated stuff good for HP inks? (if they had to develop a special do-it-yourself chemical, doesn't it follow they'd need a separate line of the factory treated items?)

i will admit it. i hope you volunteer to be our laboratory technician. get some. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze? i'm really curious to see whether or not i can use both printers. i could crank things out twice as fast. :-)