Old 11-01-2023, 06:37 AM
Iceblossom

Woohoo! The clue has been released, this thread is up and it looks like I won't have to buy fabric for this year. I know I am very low on the aqua tones Bonnie has been using for the last few projects and they are not going to be an issue. Nor will most of us need paint chips this year, anyone yet planning on other colors than red, white and (2) blues??

Joesmom -- great fabrics! I am looking forward to pulling fabrics later today. I will be going scrappy with the blues, might use just one red or one neutral, have to see what I have. I rather like the unifying effect of a single fabric in scrappy projects but don't think I have the yardage needed for a single piece.

Even for those of us who do intend to sew along, I think printing out the clues is a very good idea. For the first time that I've been doing these, I have a color printer which will make a lot of steps easier... now if I can find my hole punch!

Gemm -- glad to have you lurk. You often have good advice and insight and you are fun to have.

Toverly -- the projects usually turn out to be about queen sized and yes -- have a lot of seams!

I'm not fully moved into my house or my sewing room yet. Yesterday as a cold snap moved across the central states, our furnace (which we had serviced and was working) quietly shut down. Probably unfair of me to think it is anyway connected in my husband trying to set the thermostat for daytime and nighttime temperatures. Anyway, Chuck the furnace guy lives just a mile or so away and will be here soon so the interior temp will hopefully be above 50 in the next couple of hours. If not, definitely a good day to move around totes of fabric looking for the blue, red,and neutrals.

I am also finishing up on Christmas themed string quilt but right now it is too cold to sit and sew. Don't know if I will have that top together by Black Friday but I'm gonna try!!