Old 11-05-2023, 06:26 AM
Iceblossom

Teen -- I think my range of solid reds is closer to yours than my previous picture showed. I think my pictures are being washed out a bit by the flash, need to try some settings.

Today's picture shows some of the indigo/dark navy fabrics next to the parasol fabric. Is interesting how things work out, the large piece of indigo with the beige flowery burst shapes looks much lighter to me than in real life. But the smaller print works fine with the others even being the same colors. One of the advantages of using a camera for feedback, I'll have to take it under advisement... (Using black and white photos can also help a lot in determining value as opposed to color in stacks of fabric)

For those concerned about the red, white and (2) blues theme looking too patriotic, my guess is it will be more like the pieces she shows with the red square in a square design contained by the blue. By yardage we have twice as much blue as the red, and almost as much neutral as blue. I'm expecting something very tiled in appearance. By the way, I really like that Silk Path quilt she recently released (the brown one at the top of the clue/blog).

With all my projects, there is usually something I would do differently if I did it again. With mystery quilts especially, there are good justifications on waiting to see the reveal and choosing your fabrics when you know more.
Attached Thumbnails 100_6424.jpg   100_6423.jpg