Old 11-09-2023, 01:46 PM
Iceblossom

Terry -- glad you got your PDF issues straightened out. I think when I post the links I will use the PDF friendly version. There is no content difference between the internet screen and PDF version, just some layout stuff.

As Joe's Mom said, Bonnie's designs are typically pretty busy and sometimes less is more. I think it will be great as you envision it. I think I use too many fabrics and should limit myself to maybe 6-8 per color group but I am trying to use up small scraps and 10" squares and other such things...

In past years I've often thought the all solids or one fabric per color quilts were usually very successful. This year Toverly is planning on combining both those options in their project, with one print and the rest solids. For a couple decades now we've been using "reads as solids" and personally, I really like the crispness that solids bring to a project but I also like the softer grungy/tone on tone look.

For those of you who have been hurting yourselves -- Ouch! Stop that! We need you in quilting or at least commenting shape

Today I have been keeping company with the hubby upstairs while trimming the Christmas string project I'm trying to get done or at least to a good holding point before Black Friday. I am all trimmed and mostly all paper peeled. Tomorrow is soon enough to be downstairs still obsessing over the light blues!