View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 04:50 PM
Janice McC

WMUTeach, I’m sorry to hear you felt such pressure to be perfect. Good heavens, the only hard and fast “must” is a 12-1/2 inches square block. There are all skill levels in most Booms and I always hope participants will make what they are comfortable making. I actually discourage extensive stretching in Booms because it seems to stress people too much. When I look through the gallery I see all kinds of blocks, simple classic ones to paper pieced marvels. Me, I’m definitely more comfortable with traditional pieced blocks and will usually make those. I hope you will join the Boom again in the future The second go round is usually more relaxing.

I just changed out my blades in my rotary cutters. One is for fabric only and the other I use when pp’ing to sliver trim, often cutting paper as well as fabric. Good grief! Why do I wait so long to change out blades? It’s like slicing through butter now. I keep my needles in too long, too. These are all the least expensive upgrades to make regularly and yet I don’t do it as often as I should.

So I looked at my schedule and if all packages arrive by Monday, I’m going to shoot for a Saturday shipping date. With all the prep and cooking for the holiday and then cleanup on Friday, Saturday is probably a reasonable date. We’ll see. I’ll keep you all informed here.