Old 11-27-2023, 07:00 AM
Iceblossom

Welcome back JeannieG, glad you found us again. I think that is a great dark blue for the project, love the little bits of colors in it, plus I'm pretty much always a fan of Paisley.

Joe'smom -- that is a strong neutral, I think you are just using the one? I like the effect something like that can give, so that other colors sort of look laid over the background. Not sure how to express the thought, but like when you drape a necklace of beads over the fabric instead of being more sewn in.

I have my Clue 1 finished and pressed. Today the contractor building the closets in my basement sewing room is coming. Hooray! Started trying to find a contractor back in August, was hoping to get the closets built before we moved in (end of October). Didn't think it would take so long, this guy is a friend of our fencing contractor and will be able to help with a number of projects. Husband isn't very handy and my vision issues (along with a lack of tools) make things harder -- plus we simply don't work well together. But I was about to go out and buy me a table saw etc. to get these projects done, glad I didn't have to. My mom's second husband was a general contractor for custom homes, I would clean up after the crews as a side gig. And after 40 years or so of This Old House and other home shows, I have a pretty good idea of what is required for each of my projects but not the skills to do it right the first time.

Today I will be working on my Christmas string quilt borders on the dining room table (upstairs). Just going to be cutting some various thickness single strips of fabric. I am expecting to have group tomorrow and be able to sew. With the contractor coming I have stacked up and dust clothed my sewing table etc. downstairs.