View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 09:04 PM
ForestHobbit

Originally Posted by PinkiLee
Congrats ForestHobbit. Your first fw is always special.

I read many people saying that age doesn't matter...to me it does. The early fw's didn't have numbers on the tension dial, makes it a little frustrating to change the tension when needed. Also the bobbin thread guide is on the outside of the lower base.. I learned all this *after* I bought a fw and didn't think age mattered. haha I do like the chrome on the hand-wheel tho. :)

FH - I saw the fw that worked and then didn't work. I'm thinking they got in there to clean it and then bobbin finger fell out of place. Simple fix.
p.s. I live in Half Moon Bay now. I moved here in '06 from the Cambrian area of San Jose (by Leigh High School)
Cambrian huh? I live a couple of blocks from the Meridian-Branham Lane intersection. There is a quilt shop in the Cambrian Plaza now called Praire (sp) Queen Quilts. A very nice shop.

I lived in Half Moon Bay when I was in the second grade. We lived on Church St. right across from an elementary school.

When our granddaughter lived with us she attended Leigh High School before she moved back with her Mom.
Judy