Old 12-15-2023, 06:04 AM
Snooze2978

I started out small with a 9" MegaQuilter by Viking on a 10' Grace Pro frame. I realized right off that 9" doesn't give you much plus my hands shook so I found a computerized system that would work with the Viking, Babylock and Brother 9" machines called PCQ. They also had this add-on that would give you up to 17" of play space as it moved the rollers back and forth. Mine didn't work as well as expected and turned into a door stop. Then I moved up to MQR that used parts from the PCQ system so I didn't lose out totally. Also changed up to a stretched Juki 98Q that gave me 18" of play space. Much better and much happier. Finally moved up to an Innova 26" on a 12' frame and for awhile I kept the MQR after having it updated for the larger machine but the company went defunct so after much research I changed over to IQ robotics and couldn't be happier. True, sometimes it sits for months at a time but when I am quilting I'm in my "happy zone". I went the long way to finding out whether I even liked to quilt which you already know you do. You might check for a used machine well taken care for as it is a big investment. I chose the Innova as it's user friendly, has 24hr/365 day customer support by phone. I've had this system for about 12 years for the machine and 6 years for the robotics. I love to custom quilt mostly so reason for the robotics for me.