Old 12-18-2023, 07:18 AM
Iceblossom

Rff1010 -- so glad you got back on the horse! I actually use templates quite a bit as cutting guides instead of specialty rulers -- is easier and really helps when you need to "snub" a point. When Bonnie points out such snubs, it is usually a really good idea to take notice and see how much easier the pieces go together. I generally have some cardboard around and buy a lot of the gridded plastic, along with my 1/4" gridded paper. I've learned that I will cut and ruin both sorts of templates, so place it on my fabric and then use a small ruler to placement and cut using the ruler/straight edge and not the template.

Teen -- speculation here too that we will soon be putting things together. She did mention in this clue that her special fabric hasn't been used yet. And yes, we usually get an easy week for Christmas (a week from today!). So far no tiny 9-patches or true flying geese (although I'd consider the Clue 3 tops a variation).

I got all my neutral/blue tops done yesterday and cut most of the red. Again, I've noticed my accuracy and consistency are much better than in Clue 1. Hubby apparently was getting lonely so I stopped midway with the reds -- he's not used to me disappearing for hours any more... Today I should finish this clue, or at least get the remaining reds cut and pick out my light blues. Despite all the neutrals I bought, I used up those fat eighths down to threads and have been using up some last little bits of other fabrics, particularly some of the blues. There is a light blue I want to find (it's in the stack...) where I should be able to cut 2 squares, and I want to mix in some darker/bolder light blues.

The little stereo has 5 CDs, maybe not the choices I would want but Bruce Springsteen and Jim Steinman -- love Roy Bittan on keyboards on both of those, early Dylan, Tom Petty greatest hits, and to round things often and soften them down Aaron Neville. Today I think I'll program local radio stations. I already have a car favorite (retro alternative??) and I'll check out a couple others too. Hubby not a fan of Christmas music but tis the season!