Old 12-23-2023, 12:57 AM
toogie

Oh wow! That’s a lot of unnumbered questions-lol
1-use to use a masher, now a hand mixer, but we don’t have mashed potatoes at Christmas (rice instead)
2-peel potatoes with a knife, hubby keeps them all sharpen, remember recently😉
3-kitchen counter top for carving
4-Buffet style, I don’t have and am not a servant
5-no the small kids eat in my 5.5 foot hallway, on the floor
6-No meal Christmas Eve , ours is all day Christmas Day
7-we are fortunate that it’s worked out for the 24 of us. We plan for Christmas Day and by then all parties with in laws are over- one does usually have to leave early so maybe a little sharing
8-I am Host for Christmas Day
9-No alcohol use
10-No men cooking this meal, though they do sometimes cook and only one man, my hubby wants to help with clean up
11-No, sorry pets remain at their homes
12-I make sides the day before and reheat- cook Ham, Roast, meatloaves and (Turkey sometimes) morning of, along with the cornbread dressing. That’s all I’m good for Christmas morning-lol
13-Tried it once. Pretty, but more work and at my age, less work is better
14-Most all leftovers leave with them. I keep just a meal for me & hubs for the day after
15-Sure they eat what’s left for supper, you’re darn right!-lol
16-We sure do play games! The latest favorite is Farkle and all ages can play. I can only fit 12 at my table so some have to wait until another game or some may not want to play. It takes a while to all take a turn so sometimes we have 2 games going at once.

on a side note- Granddaughter flew in for an early Christmas. She left on a return flight last night after we all went to my daughters house for an early Christmas supper. We sent her home with a Farkle game. They FaceTime me tonight at midnight to ask how to continue if there is a tie. I explained and watched them play the end. The first game they played granddaughter rolled 4100 points her first roll! Game is 10,000 even. Her roommate ended with an impressive comeback score of 9450 but Lanie beat her with 10,000. Then they called about this tie game, where they both ended with 10,000.

Merry Christmas again! I received your annual Christmas letter and as always you amaze me at your writings.