View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 05:35 PM
quiltsfor

I prefer to make Over sized Queen size quilts. I mostly make over sized queen size, meaning that I like my quilts to be large enough to tuck in the pillows and have a drape almost to the floor on the remaining three sides (sides and bottom of bed). My quilts usually measure on average 99 x 114". When I roll over in bed, I don't want the quilt slipping off my shoulders or leaving part of me uncovered. I want to snuggle deep into the quilt!

If the block size makes it a little bigger I'll go as far as 100 x 117" I generally don't do borders, unless they are needed to take it to the 99 x 114. if the border is 4" or narrower. I plan my quilts out size wise before starting, so I actually know what size blocks I need depending on how many blocks I want for the width and length. (ie. 6" blocks or larger depending on the design I'm making). I've made twins a well, for the family with twin size beds, but again, they are oversized so that the pillow tuck is in and the drape on the three sides as well.

Occasionally I will make an oversize lap quilt, or wall hangings, or hot pads etc. But my go to is Oversized Queens!