View Single Post
Old 01-07-2024, 01:04 AM
Murphy224

I was intrigued with the denim/orange peel quilt.Thank you Schill93 for posting the link to her video. I especially liked her ida and method of layering the petals. I watched the video and was also curious about her quilt as you go method so I found and watched her video on how she went about that. It is a second video and at the end she shows the completed quilt. I liked it very much and her final quilt was beautiful. Since I have an orange peel quilt on my "to do this year" list because I have a stack of leftover orange peels already to stitch down, I think I will try her method of quilt as you go. I will also add peels to my leftovers as they are black and white only fabric and some color would be good. My method is to use wonder under or heat and bond on the fabric and adhere to the background before appliqueing down. I do like the denim even though I have none in my stash, might have to bend my no more fabric purchases rule. lol.
here is a link to her second video with QAYG and the finished quilt. You can fast forward to the end to see the final quilt at the end.
Murphy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKFQIikWSiU