View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 06:01 AM
patricej
Administrator

i'm sorry, but i'm giggling as i read your post.

trust me. the from-the-bottle BJS method is less complicated than what you just described. LOL

you don't have to, but i prewash my 200-ct muslin in hot water and synthrapol. (man! is that the worst smelling stuff, or what? but you need a little bitty capful in a max washerload. i'm still working off the same gallon i bought about 5 years ago.) the pre-wash is primarily to pre-shrink. the muslin i got from Joanns didn't shrink at all as far as i can tell, but i'll keep doing it anyway, just in case.

1. prewash
2. cut to size
3. pour the BJS into your soak basin. i can't be bothered measuring. i dump whatever i have into the basin.
4. put the fabric sheets in one at a time until you've either got them all or until the BJS doesn't saturate the top sheet even if you press them all down.
5. let 'em soak. (go flirt with your husband for a while. hee hee hee)
6. take them out.
7. hang them up
8. iron the dry sheets to freezer paper, or stick them to sheets of sticker paper. (some people swear by the full page labels, but i can't get the fabric off those without permanent distortion of the print. the sticker paper is re-positionable.)
8. print, then let sit for at least 30 minutes
9. rinse with the mildest detergent on hand. bubble jet rinse is too expensive. syntrapol, original woolite, and things like that will do just as well.

wash, cut, slap onto paper, soak, print, rinse, done. tooo easy. (and make sure hubby uses the $1.25 or more you save per sheet to buy you a really nice surprise. ;-) )

i'm absolutely not criticizing the pretreated, iron setable sheets as a product, and wouldn't try to talk anybody else out of using them. they just aren't for me. you can't just chuck them into your dryer on its highest setting (i checked with CJJ). no way i'm slaving over that iron any more often than i have to. LOL