Old 01-17-2024, 05:41 AM
Iceblossom

Another day of not doing much for me yesterday... I'm ok with that. It has warmed up to 6 above this morning you can definitely feel the difference from the minus 15. When I went to college in Fairbanks, it was almost a 100 degree swing from 60 below to 32 above -- you could definitely feel that!!

Granny 12, I really like your colors and using the setting triangles. Are you going to end there or continue with the Triangle blocks around the edges?? I do like to have resting elements in scrap quilts and Bonnie doesn't give those so much as containing the energy

Joe'dMom, I like the effect of the dramatic background and how it sort of makes the Blue and Red fabric look laid down on top of it. The focus fabric holds up well. I think the real power of the background won't show until the blocks are put together. And yeah, the light blues tend to fade out. In my own busy backgrounds, I have some neutrals that are probably more light blue, on the second step using light blues I added in several darker shades closer to "medium".