Thread: Help posting
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 06:11 PM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Janey - here's what mine looks like. Is that, by chance, an older screencap that you posted? I don't have a paper clip in my toolbar.

In order to post pictures, I always have to click "go advanced" and then "manage attachments". And even then half the time I get an error that my .png extension needs to be a .jpg, even when it says it's a .jpg. Although it's worked on the 4-5 pictures I posted since the last time I complained about that, so maybe tech support fixed it? Which would be awesome!
I'm not sure if I can explain this properly, but I will try. I started out to reply in the "Quick Reply", then decided that I needed a couple of screenshots. In order to get one that I thought might be helpful, I logged out and got this screen shot
Attachment 647165
The purple arrow is what I clicked on originally and start posting this Quick Reply:
Peckish, I usually don't log on to QB until I want to post something or do something that requires it. Your screen is the Quick Reply that is at the bottom of the page, while one is logged in. I just tried to reply to your post (by clicking on the Reply on the bottom of your post) and it sent me to the log in screen. After I logged in I got the screen like I posted which has "Reply to Thread" and had what I would expect to see if I had clicked on ""Quote" So I went back and loaded the thread and noticed the difference of the options as indicated by the arrows on the right side of both these images.
This is the screen shot that I took before I logged out:
Attachment 647166
So now, I have logged back in I have to hit either the "Quote" or the red "Reply," as indicated by the larger arrows on the left side of the above images, to be able to get the "Reply to Thread" screen so that I can add the pictures. Actually, "Go Advanced" will take you to the "Reply to Thread" screen, too. If I remember correctly at one point the "Go Advanced" wouldn't allow me to add photos, even though the paper clip icon was there. I know several use the "Go Advanced" to add pictures, but since the original instructions referred to the red Reply button, that is what has worked for me.
I hope this makes some sort of sense.
Reply to Thread and Quick Reply are on the left side of the page in the tannish beige bar across the page. I forgot to mark the Quick Reply in the image that has it.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 01-18-2024 at 06:19 PM.