View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 04:27 AM
WMUTeach

If this is not a surprise, I might ask the graduate about favorite colors or if she leans toward the traditional or the modern style. Particularly with a H.S. graduate life changes rapidly from plans to actuality. I was a college academic advisor in another life. I would hesitate to make a quilt focused on future plans because those plans change. You could honor her graduation with honors on the label as well as her plans to enter the Marine Corp. Stars was a good suggestion. There are many stunning star patterns that would reflect her stellar academic achievement and would continue to be fitting for what ever life brings to her in the future.

Size as mentioned by Lena1952, the size can be just about any thing. My three children all got graduation quilts from their aunt and the quilts were about 40" or 45" square. The size seemed small at first but with the smaller size allowed her to make a more intricate quilt. My children, now with their own homes and families, have these lovelies hanging proudly with other home decor. They are on display a point of pride in the work of their aunt's hand.

Nice to see your logo again. So glad that life has settled down enough for you to do dive back into what brings you happiness and challenges you choose to take on.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 01-20-2024 at 04:30 AM.