View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 10:11 AM
Mrskbburg1201

Default I just want to know what I have!!!

Hi everyone,

Being new to all of this, i just bought a treadle machine from an antique store. Not knowing much about it, I thought research would be the way to start. Before even learning HOW to use it, I want to know what I even have lol. I have learned it's very hard to date machines. I've accepted that.

Here's what I can tell you. On the back of the machine it's says Charles Williams stores, New York. From other research I've done mainly ebay HA. It REALLY REALLY resembles a windsor b, Montgomery ward. This is the only one I can find that even the screw placement matches. What's throwing me off though, it does not say windsor on the front, it's says Betsy Ross. Why? How? Does that mean its not a windsor b? Is it something different, and what is it? I need to replace the belt (on its way), not sure if it's missing any parts (that would be helpful also), also looking into cleaning, it also came with an attachment box in one of the drawers if thats helpful. I really want to know. It's driving me bonkers, I've been researching for 4 days with very little sleep and lots of coffee, talking like 1am nights. Please help! 🙏

Also I cannot find a serial number, I've looked up, down, crawling on the floor, flashlights. Cant find it.

Also, I'm not really sure how to post pictures?

Last edited by Mrskbburg1201; 01-25-2024 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Forgot info