View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 10:01 PM
toogie

Default Home throw pillow cover

Hello, I have been wanting to make this throw pillow cover, so today was the day! My sister is going home soon and I wanted to make her this, before she goes. I just don’t have a pillow form, so I will either have to make a pillow myself or she will have to pick up one herself. I pieced little scraps of fabric and thought I had figured that the blue pieces would be under the red heart. Well that didn’t work out-lol

I ironed Heat & Bond the reverse shape of the state to the back of the fabric, then trimmed out the shape. After pressing the state onto the white 18 inch square, I stitched all around the outer edge with a straight stitch before sewing a really close black zigzag satin stitch. The heart I appliquéd by embroidery machine and also the word home.
I quilted a close stipple on the back gingham and also on the white on the front piece, after sewing an outline stitch around the state, so it would kinda puff up. I then trimmed my front and back both 18.25 inches.
My zipper wasn’t long enough, so I had to piece one end with fabric and I should have used black instead of the gingham. It’s on the bottom so I may leave it in case she comes tomorrow.
So I know now I can do this, I think I’ll make my granddaughter one for her birthday in March. I am pleased, but I wish I would have had pretty fabric scraps like the lady showing hers. I put a piece with ladybugs bc my sister likes them. I also sneaked in a tractor ( almost lost it in the seams), bc she also drove the tractor in the field, when it was harvest time. She was nine years old, so I was five. I wanted to put a cow piece in bc we both milked cows, when I was a little older, but my cow was a kid’s fabric cow and I didn’t think it would look good. Anyway this is for my sister, just because.
Hope you like it. I think she will. Wishing you all a good night, for me anyway, or a good day, whatever the case may be. Toogie
Attached Thumbnails img_2037.jpeg   img_2038.jpeg