View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 07:55 AM
Lady Diana

FYI I have several pairs myself. Nice, but will not purchase from them again. They state that they guarantee the quality and workmanship. One of my scissors has a bur in the tip, out of the package. I contacted them. I have to pay shipping back to them. Poor customer service. BTW these scissors are not designed and made in Texas, they are made in China by a large company LDH.
Texas, canadian and many other distributors have their name printed on the scissors, including Guggenhein. Now is that a reflection on the scissors, not really if you are happy with them. However, you can purchase the same scissors from amazon and Alibaba. On amazon they are listed as "professional SCISSORS" for $9.99, they are comparable according to a you tube comparison by the Idiot Quilter. There are many others on Amazon that are 13.99 and up, depending in the length. It pays to shop around. Do not buy their light weight, plastic handle serrated edge scissors. They rough cut.
LDH in Shenzhen china makes these scissors. Google LDH scissors, many brands show up.
Another discovery when researching, I didn't know the difference in shears and scissors.....
What is the difference between shears and scissors?

The difference between “scissors” and “shears” is length and design of the handles. Scissors are smaller than 10” with two identical handles while shears are 10” or longer with one rounded bow for the thumb and a longer more elliptical bow for two or more fingers.
My favorite "cut like butter" scissors are Bordeaux, by Clover. Very expensive, but love them. hope this information helps.