Thread: New Kid ...
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 01:26 PM
Apples&Oranges

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Welcome aboard! I saw your post in the Fabric Moratorium thread first and am still chuckling to myself -- I worked at a fabric store as a college job -- that was back in 1983 and I think I had fabric from that until my latest move (2023!!). Some of it was garment yardage and I gave up garment construction maybe 20 years ago?? It went to a good home, a textile arts student.
Haha! My grandmother was a traditionally trained tailor. I was cutting up fabric, sewing and trimming before I started kindergarten. And so ... I have my share of garment fabrics also. 🤭🤭

I've made it my mission this year to make at least 3 baby blankets a month to donate to the Infant Crisis Center here in November. And honestly I could probably do that every year for the rest of my life and still have baby/juvenile print fabrics left over.

I also have some art quilts I've drawn out over the last 3-4 years that I want to get started on. And finish. Thankfully, I had been on mission to finish up a BUNCH of projects I had going before the accident so I'm able to kinda get a fresh start this year. Feels good to feel like doing something fun for a change. It's been a rough few years.