Old 02-04-2024, 03:14 PM
buescherbari

Default Minnesota A treadle in cabinet needs one bolt

Hi - I'm brand new to the forum and am one week into restoring this Minnesota A. It's stamped A9 on the bottom and has SN D3543538 on the front plate. Is this Davis made? The 1910 Sears Roebuck catalog has a spitting image of the head and cabinet, and the shuttle is stamped "Davis". It's mostly apart and could hopefully work again if I can find replace the broken bolt that connects the foot treadle to the lower Pitman arm linkage. I've attached a photo of how the Pitman linkages cleaned up. Any help on where to look for that bolt would be most appreciated as this is my first attempt at doing something like this. Is it reasonable to assume that any Minnesota A in a cabinet or frame that looks like it came from the 1910 Sears Roebuck catalog would have this bolt?
Attached Thumbnails resized-smaller-minnesota-a_owned-jennifer-rose.jpg   ok-size-minnesota-a9-cabinet.jpg   ok-size-broken-bolt-tapped-out-treadle.jpg   resized-smaller-bolt-assemblies-blue-towel.jpg   ok-size-shuttle-bobbin.jpg  

Last edited by buescherbari; 02-04-2024 at 03:16 PM. Reason: misspelling