View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 09:02 AM
ibex94

Originally Posted by ShawneeOR View Post
I just dropped off the caveman round to our sweet Peckish. Got that finished at a quilt retreat this past weekend that I coordinated for my sewing group. Lots of work but lots of fun. Now to finalize her flimsy. =)

I am so sorry for not being more involved on the board. Sickness, travel, work all ended up taking my time. It's been great fun to see all the creativity though. I was a little disappointed with the actual "class" that Ricky led; I feel it wasn't very innovative or informative but still glad to have met you all!

ShawneeOR
Lucky to have a quilting retreat to get things done! Bravo! Time to Harmonize! Sickness can't be helped. Work can't be helped. Life always gets in the way when trying to be creative.

Here are a couple of my reflections. I was very challenged by the Tidbit round and the Caveman round. (Crumb and improvisational are the more recognized terms for the QB members that aren't in this particular challenge). I definitely would not have had the chance to meet other likeminded, willing to step out of their comfort zones, goddesses that you all are, if not for this challenge. Thank you all for taking the risk and trusting one another with our fabric. Everything I have seen screams talent and inspiration from all of you. It is wonderful to bask in the joy of this project. Life may be yanking at us in all sorts of directions but the pure spirit of love from this project is likely to uplift us all when we think about it years from now. I am hoping that rewatching the videos over time will give me more glimmers of creativity, too. I like that the videos are ours to use always. Ricky sure did give us tons of examples of everything he wanted us to work on. And I can't wait to see what you have done to my Mardi Gras quilt starter!!! This is so much fun now that we are almost done!