Old 04-03-2024, 01:55 AM
charmednmissouri

Question trying to make the best of a BOM gone wrong

I am just stumped as to what to do. I have been working on the Craftsy BOM for 2017 called the Blazing star. Its a beautiful quilt. I have everything done, ready to put the units together.
But they don't seem to be fitting together. This quilt contains a lone star and I know these are hard. But in putting the units together, the star doesn't want to fit together. I am having to make setting triangles larger than the pattern has stated as they do not fit. i have tried to follow this one to the letter. But then I hit y-seams. I really don't have much experience, but her method doesn't work, nor does the video from Kaye Woods on Youtube.
Should I just say the heck with it and take what I have made and try my own design? It is such a beautiful quilt and it seems like I am admitting this had gotten the best of me and I am not as experienced of a quilter than I thought I was. I taught myself to quilt about 8 years ago, but I admit there are a couple of things I haven't tried to tackle and y-seams is one. But it isn't just the y-seams. My diamond units all seem to be the same size, but when I add setting triangles, that doesn't work either. I am just so confused/depressed over this. I have been able to make any quilt I have tried to make. Does this happen to others? Is there a quilt that you just can't seem to do correctly? Do I give up and just try to make something improve with those blocks or rip it out and try it again? I am fairly certain I did all of my stirp sets correctly. But what if this is my problem? I have used most of my fabric on those things!
Just some honest advice...if if were you, what would you do next?
Thanks in advance!
Jacquie Fanning aka CharmednMissouri

Last edited by charmednmissouri; 04-03-2024 at 01:57 AM.