View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 04:21 AM
Snooze2978

The next time she hints about another free quilt to do for her, tell her you've only got time to do paying customers' quilts so if she wants to get on your list with them, you'll pencil her in. I also will quilt for free but only occasionally and it needs to be a good reason why for free like for a charity. But once they scam me, I ever quilt for them ever even if they're willing to pay me.

I offered to quilt this small quilt for a neighbor of mine and she stated she needed it the very next month which was doable as it was small. Proble was it was so badly stitched together, no even edges, no borders so I had to trim around her quilt. I did a custom quilt job on it as that's what I like to do the most. Called her when it was done but she never came to get it in time for the charity. I kept calling her every couple weeks for a whole year and never got a response from her. My final call I told her if she didn't pick up her quilt by such and such a day, I'd throw it out. She finally came and got it. Oh yes, the quilt smelled like cat pee also. Her whole apartment smelled like cat pee. Since then her cat has died but her apartment, even after 3 years of no cat, still smells like cat pee when she opens her windows. I was upstairs in that apartment visiting and I could smell it from their apartment. How can someone like with that smell and not notice it?

Anyway, she never asked me to quilt for her again, if fact she avoids me like the plague.